Thursday 31 May 2012

Two peas in a pod

I can post this now because I know she's got it!

Last month one of my dear school friends gave birth to two beautiful baby boys. Her first son was due on the same day as Isaac, but he came a whole month early and Isaac (in true Isaac style) came when he was good and ready. Neither of her pregnancies have been straightforward and I fully admire her strength and patience; I don't know how I'd handle being made to lie down for a month! But she did and there are three little people here as a result of her determination.


Here it is after a frighteningly expensive trip to the framers!


It's the second piece of embroidery I've done recently, more on the other one another time. I enjoy doing it, but never seem to keep anything I make! This is because I only seem to be motivated to make things for other people. Hmm. 

It's the first time I've used long and short stitch for shading, usually favouring satin stitch, but I wanted to try colour grading. I think it turned out quite well [for a first attempt].

That's all I have to say about it really. I hope she likes it!

P.S.: Postage to Germany is not cheap. And glass is not insured. BOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...