Monday 28 May 2012

Nursery niggling

Isaac doesn't like being left by me anymore. I know I know, who likes being left, right? But. he used to love going to nursery and would quite happily run in to play without so much as a second glance back to Mummy for a kiss or wave goodbye. 

I think I messed up. 

When we got back from our holiday, after two weeks of not being at nursery, he stayed at his Daddy's house over night and was then taken to nursery the next morning by him. He was due to go back to Daddy's house that night so I figured it would be better if (rather than me picking him up and taking him down to Daddy's that evening) he was at nursery all day and if Daddy picked him up that night. I have a horrible feeling I was wrong and this has made him scream when I leave him there and when I also put him in bed for his day time nap.

I could be entirely wrong and it's just a phase. Who knows. Doesn't stop me beating myself up about it. As my friend says parenting decisions are, for her, are all about how much guilt she feels and boy do I feel it now.

He's fine the rest of the time, look see! He really is!


I didn't put the collar on him by the way, he desperately wanted to try it on. And the bra? Well, look how pleased he is that he did it "all by myself". HIS WORDS!!

I really wanted to take him out of nursery this morning; he only goes two mornings a week! That coupled with the biting incident of last week - aiy! However, the nursery lady says he's always fine the instant I'm gone and that he's happy for the rest of the day, he even eats his dinner now! He's always pleased to see me and we have a massive cuddle and he tells me he missed me. 

So. 

On we go, testing the waters of the parenting unknown.

No one said it was going to be easy...

2 comments:

  1. Oh, it's so tough being a parent, isn't it?
    Cameron went through a few phases of doing this when I left him at nursery (and later, school) but he did always perk up when I was gone and I think that after it had happened once - I was afraid of it happening again and he picked up on it. I found that staying for a while was sometimes helpful.
    Go easy on yourself - it could be totally unrelated x
    I love the cheeky pics :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed it is, he's so happy the rest of the time!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...